Sunday, December 7, 2008

Count our Blessings

I know, I know thanksgiving was last week but with how crazy my week was this is my first chance to write.

I had to speak in Sacrament the Sunday before thanksgiving and that took all my free time. Public speaking is not my favorite thing to do but I couldn't say no. My topic was Gratitude and I decided I would touch lightly on my dad and his accident and how much he has grown in these couple of months. I couldn't tell you how much he has changed for the better. My dad is wonderful and has always been a great person but the only thing he was missing was the gospel in his life. He started taking the missionary discussions about a month and half ago and last Sunday he got baptized. It was such a wonderful day and we were so grateful to be there with him. The spirit that was in that room was so strong. It was pretty amazing!
Jeff got to confirm him that night. He gave him the best blessing.

3 comments:

Evie said...

:)That is the best news I have heard in awhile! How cool is that, to have Jeff confirm your dad. I also think it is great that your kids got to see it, to realize that people can except the Gospel at any age, and make changes for the better in their lives!

Megan said...

Congratulations. I am so happy for your family. What a blessing having your dad baptized.

Jenn said...

You did such a great job that day!