Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Our Staycation

The kids have been off track for the past 5 weeks, So I made Jeff take a week of works so we could go on a vacation but rather than going somewhere super warm and tropical, We decided to stay home and support our local economy.
Monday we went took the girls to color me mine and they painted pottery, it was fun then we went to lunch to Chick Fillet and then we took the kids to Alvin and the Chipmunks, Addison got the stomach flu so I took her home and when I pulled into the garage she started dry heaving, we were home for about two min. before she started barfing (It was awesome!! I don't know how I was the one that got stuck leaving the movie with her)
Tuesday we took the kid's to lunch to one of our favorite restaurants Salsaleedos, Cade was not excited and said he would stay home because he didn't eat crap like that, If is not McDonald's or Chick Fillet, It's crap go figure. Anyway he had a great lunch and to his surprise he found a hot dog on the menu, then we were off to the nickle Arcade, I think Jeff had more fun then the kids cause I couldn't drag him out. Our last stop Hollywood Connection, Addison has been begging to go miniature golfing, we thought she would have so much fun but as soon as we started, she threw her club on the ground and was running all over the place stealing all of our balls, then she was running like a wild child climbing all the props.
Wednesday we went to the movies saw The Spy next door, cute show then we were off to Chuckie Cheese for pizza and games,I got a little sick from eating fist fulls of popcorn, candy, pizza and then cotton candy. After that we took the kids to the Dollar store so they could buy more toys or as I like to call it more crap to through around the house. As you can see for our little staycation it has been a lot of fun. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Wow...I'm tired just reading what you guys did. You and Jeff are real troopers to take your kids to all of those fun places. I'm sure your kids will NEVER forget such a fun stay-cation.

Nicky said...

That sounds like fun! Except the barfing part. We had a staycation in January. We love the Nickelcade!